Monday, March 1, 2021

ARC Review: Sweetheart (Busy Bean #1) by Sarah Mayberry

Title: Sweetheart (Busy Bean #1) 
Author: Sarah Mayberry
Publisher: HeartEyes Press
Release Date: March 1, 2021


I just wanted to get my hands on his beans

Four years ago, I had a ridiculous crush on my sister's boyfriend. But when they moved away together, I put Beck out of my mind and my heart. But now he's back, and roasting the best coffee in Vermont. I need to convince him to supply the Busy Bean. And I need more of those kisses we accidentally shared outside the coffee shop. He still makes my heart race faster than a triple shot of espresso. 

She should be off limits, but instead she's pushing mine

Her sister burned my life to the ground, so Haley Elliot is the last woman I should bring into my bed. Although our business relationship is giving way to something more than a fine grind. Neither of us can help ourselves. And what’s worse, I think I’m falling for her.

But it’s a small town, and ours is a big secret. And when her sister blows back into town, suddenly the coffee isn’t the only thing brewing...

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for one of the first titles in Sarina Bowen's World of True North. Sweetheart is the first title in the Busy Bean section of WOTN and this was my first book by this particular author and I wasn't disappointed with it at all.  

Haley and Beck were such an interesting couple to watch grow together. After having been Haley's boyfriend for over a year, Beck wanted nothing to do with Haley due to past history. Seeing Beck put that behind him and actually give Haley a chance to prove that she wasn't just like her sister, they discover just how much they really have in common. Seeing Beck stand up for and protect Haley when she needed it proved just how much he cares for her. On the flip side Haley became the person Beck needed to move on with his life and understood where he was coming from with her sister having been treated too much of the same treatment over the years. 

The supporting cast was also a great set of characters and being able to see some of the characters from Sarina's own True North series was great as a follow up to what was going on in the lives. The writing was good, the story was sweet and spicy at just the right moments. I'm hoping we get to see more of these characters as the rest of the series continues; even if it is just a glimpse to know how they are doing.

Overall Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment