Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Winner's Curse

Title: The Winner's Curse
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Publisher: BYR
Release Date: March 4, 2014

What I liked: Everything! I tip my hat to you Marie Rutkoski! This book was an amazing book in my opinion. In a world where slavery is common and the General's daughter Kestrel (I love that name), has bought herself a slave and things change whether for better or worse had yet to be seen. From the backstory of the Herrani being captured and enslaved in their own home country was quite interesting to see, along with how much of an oddity Kestrel is for having her old nurse set free, and the fact that she plays music which is considered to be something only the slaves do.

What else was about halfway through the novel when the tide of things change and Kestrel finds herself being a slave and one of the few survivors of something I didn't think would actually happen. I know for a fact I didn't see the ending happening and Kestrel swallowing her pride to save the one she loves along with an entire population. I think my overall love of this book has to do with Kestrel and what she does and how she does it. She is a suitable candidate for marriage and she has brilliant military knowledge which she puts to use.

What I didn't: There was pretty much nothing I didn't like about this book

Overall Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book! I absolutely loved it as well ;)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete