Sunday, April 5, 2015

Book Review - Lola and the Boy Next Door

Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Dutton
Release Date: September 29, 2011
Rating 5/5 Stars



Synopsis:In this companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, two teens discover that true love may be closer than they think

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn't believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit - more sparkly, more fun, more wild - the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket - a gifted inventor - steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
 Ok so I wasn't expecting Lola to be as good as Anna but boy oh boy did Stephanie Perkins prove me wrong! I loved Lola just as much as I had loved Anna. I picked Lola up as soon as I had finished Anna. So glad I had it on standby. With a whole new city, a whole new cast of characters and a whole new situation of falling in love made it another 5 star read. 

This time instead of being set in Paris, I found myself in a city a lot closer to home. San Francisco was a wonderful place for this story to be told. Lola and Cricket's relationship I loved probably more than I loved Anna and Etienne's relationship. The characters were different from those in the first book and they made them so easy to fall in love with and watch them go through the ups and downs of their lives and how they want to be together but the past is making things difficult. What really made me fall in love with the book was the reappearance of Anna and Etienne. That's right, they came back! It was a nice touch to see how things were going with them but it didn't distract that it was  Lola and Cricket's story to be told. 

No comments:

Post a Comment